Here is my 5 minute brain dump as part of this great series. Here goes …
This weekend I decided to change my twitter name from @MummyinProvence to @AmeenaFalchetto. Why? The answer is simple. It’s my name. Yes, I am a Mummy in Provence but that is just one part of me. I’m new to twitter and blogging as a whole so when I started I treated it a bit like forums where you were anonymous. I used to keep my Facebook locked down to only the people I knew in real life but recently opened it up to people I knew virtually as well. The Google+ happened and I realised that most my tweeps, who I love, couldn’t connect with me because, well, THEY DIDN’T KNOW MY NAME. I felt a bit silly for that.
MummyinProvence made me feel like I was living a secret life – It was also limiting when it came to talking about different topics that interested me. Some have asked my why I would just put myself out there, the real me and well, the answer is simple. I write my blog, it’s my words, my thoughts, my ideas and opinions so why not attach my name to it? I live my life in such a way that I really don’t have much to hide (apart from my jelly belly but you don’t see that online unless I decide to post a picture of it, which I promise I won’t!)
So, there you have it! Why do you choose to hide behind a username? And if you don’t, what was you reason for putting yourself out there?
This is my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post at all.things.fadra.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.