I was talking to a friend today about how breastfeeding changes your attitude to your breasts. I laughed at all the things that I have done, many repeatedly, that would have, pre-baby, mortified me and now I just shrug and smile.
Here are my top 5 confessions:
1. Your breasts are now your baby’s, they are food – no one, I mean NO ONE else is allowed to touch them!
2. Despite the no touch rule, you don’t care who see’s your breasts whilst nursing (and yes, you will flash dozens of people during your breastfeeding journey)
3. You will wander around with your breasts free, your nursing bra unclipped and not even care that you can’t remember how long you’ve been like that
4. Your new wardrobe can only be described as “easy access” – anything that can be pulled up/down/to the side easily will be coveted!
5. You will feel your breasts in public (checking which side to feed on next) whilst talking to someone and think nothing of it
It’s all for a good reason and a good sense of humour will take you a long way! What else have you done?