Paleo Pancakes don’t sound very French but pancakes are very popular here!
These little pancakes are yummy, nutritious and 100% Paleo.
Don’t be fooled by their size, these little pancakes are SUPER filling!
They can also be used as Blini’s for Smoked Salmon!
Paleo French Cooking Presents:
Preparation time: 2 mins Cooking time: 3 mins per pancake (you can make 3 at a time).
Ingredients (makes 10 small pancakes – serves 4)
- 3 level tablespoons of desiccated/shredded coconut
- 3 level tablespoons of ground almonds
- 2 bio free range eggs
- 200 ml unsweetened coconut milk
- Dash of cinnamon or vanilla straight from the pod(optional)
- 1 spoonful of coconut oil
- Put desiccated/shredded coconut and ground almonds in a bowl.
- Add cinnamon/vanilla if desired.
- Add eggs
- Pour half the coconut milk in
- MIX with a spoon until you get the desired consistency (should be like thick pancake mix)
- Add more coconut milk if needed
- Heat the coconut oil in the frying pan.
- Take a spoon and put mixture in one spoon at a time (one spoonful makes 1 pancake)
- Cook on a medium to low heat for a couple of minutes and then turn carefully (they are quite fragile)!
- Serve with fresh berries and a drizzle of coconut milk!
- Or you can serve with smoked salmon!