Let’s see if I can get this out coherently.
I’ve always told my friends that there is no point trying to be supermum, because we are all super. Damn, we made babies inside our bodies – if that’s not a super power, well what the hell is? Really?
The thing is right now is that I’m beating myself up because I can’t do it all.
Yes, I have given up having sparkling floors, and well, the dishes can wait. I’ve even discovered a laundry mountain for the first time in my life. Even letting these things go so I can do more with BiP I still feel out of control.
I want to work, I have to work, I want to be there for BiP, I want to be an amazing wife, an awesome friend, I want to be me.
Guess that’s the issue. After running round trying to please everyone (and not always succeeding) I stop and think, umm, what do I want to do?
When I do grab a few hours to myself I run around doing errands, or working, I’ve forgotten how to have ME time. What did I used to do before I had BiP? It sounds so ridiculous.
Latest “me” time was spent getting waxed … so I could take BiP swimming, hardly relaxing or enjoyable – and off topic, but WHY is there still no permanent solution to hair removal? They can transplant hearts but they can’t remove hair forever?
It’s not the first time I have felt like this, and I know it’s not the last.
I know Supermum doesn’t exist because we are all super.
This is my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post at all.things.fadra.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.