Here is my 5 minute brain dump as part of this great series. Here goes …
I’ve had my fair share of “special” comments over the last 18 months regarding breastfeeding. Some are more “special” than others:
- Someone dared to say that formula was “far superior” to my breast milk (BiP was 6wks old)
- “You are making her needy by not giving her the bottle” (BiP was 8 weeks old)
- I’ve been told that I was only breastfeeding my baby for my selfish wants and needs (BiP was 3m old)
- Apparently I was “abnormal” to be still breastfeeding a baby of 8 months (thank you ultrasound lady)
- When BiP was approaching her first birthday a lot said that “I’ve done my bit but enough’s enough”
Now most people don’t bother saying anything – I’m a lost cause.
My favourite recent comment actually can from a guy and I’m putting in bold because I think it’s “great“:
“Umm … isn’t BiP a bit too old to still be breastfed? I mean, I’d get it if she was a boy”
What do you say to that? *insert eye roll*
There, I promised you a “special” comment.
Any of your own you’d like to share?
This is my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post at all.things.fadra.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.