I have been working for a few months on developing a business that I find exciting, fulfilling, and rewarding. I’ve worked for myself for the last 5 years and have been constantly searching for something more, something else.
Just a few weeks ago I was depressed with what I was doing work wise – I love marketing, I really do but it was lacking something. I’ve never been one to conform to rules or traditions so I decided it was time I developed something that was MINE, all mine.
So, I’m still doing marketing but I’m doing it visually. I can’t use photoshop or any design programmes but years ago I went to art school – I never felt I was good enough to be an artist so I quit and studied History of Modern Art, then realised I didn’t want to be a critic so I went and did a Masters in Marketing. The corporate world didn’t work out (remember, I said I suck at conforming?)
Anyway, finally, I have given myself permission to bring together the elements that make me who I am today.
I’m excited, super excited actually. It’s been a giant leap for me, but giving myself the permission to go out there and DO has unleashed a part of me that I can’t wait to rediscover!
This is what I’m talking about …
Is there something you are longing to do but won’t allow yourself to do it?
What’s holding you back?
This is my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post at all.things.fadra.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.