Months and months of pinning. Oooh, cool, oooh, pretty, oooh, shiny … yes! I decided to make something I saw on Pinterest! (are you following my pins BTW??)
So, first thing I decided to make was PLAYDOUGH!
Recipe looked so easy …
3 cups of flour
3 cups of boiling water
1 1/2 cups of salt
1 TBS cream of tartar
Food colouring as needed.
Easy! Except I read “cream of tartar” as “tartare sauce” and added 3 good tablespoons to my playdough.
It worked, smelled funny, and instead of cool sparkles it had a few capers … I guess we can call that a fail!
But I did not give up! I went on to make rainbow rice!
This time it worked and it’s the ONLY things BiP wants to play with now! Yay me!
2 cups of rice
Mix in food colour until you have the colour you want
Spread out to dry overnight!
(The recipe usually calls for rubbing alcohol to make the colours more vibrant but I was scared BiP would put it in her mouth)
So, what have you made from Pinterest? Did it work?
This is my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post at all.things.fadra.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.