Here is my 5 minute brain dump as part of this great series. Here goes …
It’s not the first time I write about advertising that is blatantly sexualising children. It’s starting to make me feel sick. It makes me want to scream, cry and break things – in THAT order. The scary trend is alarming and disturbing.
Thylane Lena-Rose Blondeau, a 10 year old girl from France has appeared in Vogue posed as a adult. At a glance you think “Wow that’s a hot chick” then you realise SHE IS TEN YEARS OLD. It’s sickening.
Another French company called “Jours Apres Lunes” has created a lingerie line for children made from finest silks and lace etc … the products themselves don’t bother me really, as you have a choice to buy, BUT the advertising does – we can’t avoid seeing.
This goes beyond pageants. If these images were found on someone’s computer there would be serious questioning going on. These children are minors. They are inappropriately dressed and posed. If I told you the images came from a paedophile ring you’d believe me. The fact that their are in a catalogue for children’s wear or in a magazine DOES NOT make it ok.
My blood is boiling. I will not let this topic drop. Hot, Kinky, Sexy, Erotic, Alluring etc are words that should NEVER go with child.
What are your thoughts on this?
This is my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post at all.things.fadra.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.