Here is my 5 minute brain dump as part of this great series.
It’s been bugging me for a while. All my adult life actually. Your family is your family – for better or for worse, right?
Well, umm no. I don’t remember taking any vow towards any family member. At the end of the day (excuse the teenage angsty rant) I never chose to be born. So, in short, I don’t owe my parents. Or do I?
Sometimes I feel it really gets out of control when you talk about the debt to a parent, how you have to succumb to their every whim and want, how you need to love your siblings no matter what, how extended family are a protected species.
What is wrong with the world? We are all adults – to have you in my life is a privilege – NOT a right. Treat me as you wish to be treated and if you don’t, well, I’ll repay you the same way.
What do you think?
This was my first 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post at all.things.fadra.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.