Firstly, new Stream of Consciousness Sunday button! I’m a bit slow getting on board with it as I’m not a huge fan of change … but I’ve finally done it.
So this week the only thing on my mind is the issue of winter bugs, illnesses.
I am so sick of BiP being ill. It seems like she’s not getting a break.
In the last month it’s been one thing after another.
A cold, an ear infection, then a tummy bug which made her appear like something out the Exorcist, followed with yet another cold, a perpetual visit from the snot monster and now we’re back to a tummy bug.
The worst part is that I feel so helpless. I know there is nothing I can do to stop her catching these bugs but it doesn’t console me.
I think this has to be the worst part of being a parent: watching your child suffer and feel like crap and not be able to take it away.
This is my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post at all.things.fadra.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.