BiP is getting the hang of this language thing … she’s talking more and more which is great fun.
She’s started called Daddy “Papa” or rather “Daddy, Papa” which is a combination of the English and French.
I was “Maman” for a while which I didn’t like, I wanted to be “Mummy” – recently I hear “Mummy, mummy, mummy?” all day, all the time, whether she wants me or not, it’s like automatic noise for BiP!
BUT over the last few days she’ll get frustrated if I don’t respond to her 15 “Mummys” and start calling “Amy!”
“What did you just call me?” I ask
“Amy” followed with a killer smile.
“Umm, yes that’s my name but I’m Mummy” I calmly explain
“<insert incoherant babble> Amy! Amy! Mummy! AAAAMMMY!”
*sigh* that worked.
I don’t know how I feel about being called by my nickname, very few people call me Amy, and it’s only those who are very close to me who do.
Part of me feels like she’ll meet another Amy one day but she’ll only ever have one Mummy …
This is my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post at all.things.fadra.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.