Here is my 5 minute brain dump as part of this great series. Here goes …
Ok, so not terribly original to talk about Halloween … I’m a real scaredy cat so when it comes to halloween it’s all about pumpkins and bats – no blood and gore thank you.
In a moment of madness I decided to organise a kiddies Halloween party for some other foreigners in my area of France. I then realised I needed costumes and decorations, oh, and a pumpkin.
I should remind people that I am in the South of France.
The first thing I noticed is that it’s not a big deal AT ALL here. The biggest selection of Halloween things I’ve found was one rack of lame witch hats and a few hideous masks. No decorations. Hmmm. And no pumpkins! Well, not the ones you need to carve to make a lantern.
Maybe if I lived in a big city it would be different.
So, I have made BiP’s costume – I found leopard ears and decided to make a pillowcase dress for her out of faux fur .. it’s cute. I made the decorations out of paper and string. It’s ok.
I bought candy in case some kids do decide to ring my bell. I hope they do. It’s just that Halloween really isn’t celebrated here.
Guess the fact that the French can’t say their “H’s” makes it a bit of a non-starter!
Ahhh … the joys of cultural differences!
‘appy ‘alloween from France!
Wish me luck for tomorrow’s party!
This is my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post at all.things.fadra.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.