Poulet Rôti – or Roast Chicken is a staple dish all over the world.
It’s very popular in France and it is SO easy to make.
You can put the chicken in the oven and kick back for a whilst it cooks.
Guaranteed to be a hit with all the family!
It’s 100% gluten and lactose free. And 100% Paleo!
Paleo French Cooking Presents:
Poulet Rôti (Easy Roast Chicken)
Preparation time: 5 mins. Cooking time 1hr.
- 1 chicken (approx 1.2kg / 2.6lbs) – reduce cooking time if the chicken is smaller.
- 1/2 tsp dried onion
- 1 tsp Herbes de Provence or dried Tarragon
- 1/2 tsp course ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / 380 F
- Place chicken in a baking dish breast side up
- Sprinkle dried herbs and onions on the chicken focussing mainly on the cavity
- Add pepper all over (you can add salt if you require but I don’t cook with it)
- Put the chicken in the oven on the middle shelf uncovered for 1 hour
- If you like crispy skin take the chicken out after 50 mins and with a spoon pour the chicken juices all over the chicken before returning to the oven for the final 10 mins.
- Voila! Easy and delicious.
- Best served with roasted vegetables, green beans or salad. You choose.
- Pour the jus (the gravy) that came off the chicken into a gravy boat or just pour over the chicken once served.
You can keep the chicken carcass and make a delicious chicken stock too.