Poulet Rôti – or Roast Chicken is a staple dish all over the world.
It’s very popular in France and it is SO easy to make.
You can put the chicken in the oven and kick back for a whilst it cooks.
Guaranteed to be a hit with all the family!
It’s 100% gluten and lactose free. And 100% Paleo!
Paleo French Cooking Presents:
Poulet Rôti (Easy Roast Chicken)
Preparation time: 5 mins. Cooking time 1hr.
- 1 chicken (approx 1.2kg / 2.6lbs) – reduce cooking time if the chicken is smaller.
- 1/2 tsp dried onion
- 1 tsp Herbes de Provence or dried Tarragon
- 1/2 tsp course ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / 380 F
- Place chicken in a baking dish breast side up
- Sprinkle dried herbs and onions on the chicken focussing mainly on the cavity
- Add pepper all over (you can add salt if you require but I don’t cook with it)
- Put the chicken in the oven on the middle shelf uncovered for 1 hour
- If you like crispy skin take the chicken out after 50 mins and with a spoon pour the chicken juices all over the chicken before returning to the oven for the final 10 mins.
- Voila! Easy and delicious.
- Best served with roasted vegetables, green beans or salad. You choose.
- Pour the jus (the gravy) that came off the chicken into a gravy boat or just pour over the chicken once served.
You can keep the chicken carcass and make a delicious chicken stock too.
This looks delish. Am going to do today but 1 question: how do you dry the chicken?
Paper towels (if you wash the chicken) I don’t!
(I wonder if that will make the few who read my blog refuse to come for dinner ever again!)
looks very edible.. see, eating healthy does not mean depriving from delicious servings like this 🙂
Yes, I don’t believe in denying myself so this way of eating works great!
I made it and it was so tasty! I cooked roasted pumpkin, onion and pepper to go with it and it was a lovely, wholesome meal for all the family. Thanks Ameena!
YAY! Glad you enjoyed it!