Here is my 5 minute brain dump as part of this great series. Here goes …
This weekend we went up to the middle of France into the foothills of the Alps to visit PigletinFrance and her family.
The scenery changed dramatically as we left Provence and headed north. BiP was delighted, there were not just a few cows, there were hundreds! And to her utter delight there were cows at the bottom of the garden!
BiP enjoyed eating apples off the tree – saying Mmmmm… after every bite. We collected walnuts and looked at a LOT of cows and horses. The landscape was stunning.
It was then that my constant conflict about how I’d like to live came into play. It was so wholesome where we were. The air was clean, fresh fruit plentiful, and I am sure those cows will taste amazing.
I’ve often thought it would be perfect to have a small farm where you could be self sufficient. But, just this weekend we had to consider the dog and the cat. What would you do with a farm? Eat all your animals before a vacation? Not to mention the work. It’s fine to stroll by and admire someone else’s animals on an afternoon stroll but I’m sure it’s a totally different story when it comes to actually having your own.
I miss living in a big city at the best of times, but I do get this urge to live in the country. Right now I don’t live in either.
Do you ever have conflicting dreams about where you’d like to live?
This is my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes only.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post.
- Link up your post at all.things.fadra.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.